BehindClosedDores

The Ramblings and Ruminations of a Vanderbilt Undergraduate from Franklin, TN

Friday, October 10, 2008

Back to the Magnolia State

I'm gearing up for my second SEC road trip of the season. This week we are headed to Starkville, Mississippi to watch the Commodores take on the Bulldogs of Mississippi State. I will be accompanied by my roomate Grayson and his dad, both huge Vanderbilt fans. A win for Vandy would make them bowl eligible for the first time since 1982, so I don't really find it necessary for me to harp on the importance of this game. Mississippi State is reeling and there might not be a hotter team than Vanderbilt right now. I have full faith and confidence in Bobby Johnson getting the team in the right mindset to go out and execute on Saturday. While the importance of this game cannot be denied, I don't think the players should feel that the moment is bigger than they are. This season is about this team and the group of guys that are making it happen for Vanderbilt now, not trying to "make up" for 26 consecutive losing seasons. If Vanderbilt comes out playing fast and loose like they have all year they should easily handle State.


As Always,

Go 'Dores!

No comments: